Winter is coming. The midterm elections are fast approaching, and that means it’s our chance to change our government. We all know the classic “I Voted” stickers we get on Election Day at the polls, and now we’re inviting artists & designers to create voting buttons that we can all wear proudly leading up to election day and encouraging everyone to vote.
Between now and Election day on November 6th, 2018, we’re seeking non-partisan button designs that encourage people to exercise their right to vote. Taking inspiration from the classic “I Voted” stickers, let’s get ahead of the game and let people know that you’ll be voting and encouraging everyone you know to vote. And for the first time, we’ll be producing and selling all submitted designs as actual buttons!!
Proceeds support HeadCount, a non-partisan organization that works with musicians to promote participation in democracy.
Your Design Should:
- Encourage people to vote
- Be nonpartisan
- Optional: use a slogan like: I'm Voting, Fired Up Ready to Vote, GO VOTE, VOTE, Vote Please, Don't Boo Vote
- Be a square, RGB image at 1035 by 1035 pixels that is a JPG or PNG
- Fill the entire square canvas but content should crop to a circle.
- Keep a safe area of at least 100 pixels on all sides (don’t place text too close to the edge)
- Optional: Include a layered or transparent file (AI, PSD, PNG, TIFF)
Your Design Should Not:
- Be partisan or mention any political group, candidate, or issue (just voting!)
- Include urls or logos (small artist signatures are fine)
- Use copyrighted images like brand logos, editorial photography of celebrities or politicians, or someone else’s artwork. All images you use should be your own, or available under a creative commons or other similar license.