The recent tragedy in Newtown, CT has brought national attention to the issue of gun control: what types of weapons are available, how they end up in the wrong hands, and how to prevent future tragedies from occurring. The list seems to be growing faster now: Columbine, Fort Hood, Tucson, Aurora, Oak Creek and now Newtown. It's time for us to step up and do our part. The NRA and those who defend the status quo are hyper-organized with newsletter, conferences, and even posters. It's up to us to exceed their efforts and show that we're serious about reducing gun violence in America.

We're launching a collection of gun control posters with posters from artists of all skill sets and backgrounds. We're hoping that the collection is as diverse and expressive as the artists we're reaching out to but would also ask that the following guidelines be observed.

For every poster sold you will receive 40% of all revenue. The remaining 60% will be split between the Creative Action Network and our campaign partner organizations.
If you have any questions or need feedback on your work, please email us at contribute@thecreativeactionnetwork.com.

Your poster should:
  • Be a vertically oriented, 12" by 16" RGB image at 300dpi (3600 by 4800 pixels) that is a JPG or PNG
  • Simple, clear, and concise with a single takeaway, message or idea (ie. "Assault weapons are bad" or "We need fewer guns, not more")
  • Be generally positive, uplifting and encouraging action (ie. "Now's the time for action!" and "Together we can reduce gun violence")
Your poster should not:
  • Be gory, violent, or depressing
  • Be too specific (ie. "Pass this bill" or "Vote for this legislator")
  • Be disrespectful
  • Have a logo in the bottom right corner
Sign up form

Please enter a valid email address.

Your password must be at least 6 characters.