1200 Posters was one of Creative Action Network’s first campaigns, originally inviting 12 up-and-coming artists to illustrate 1 of 12 quotes about community, conversation and collaboration from Margaret Wheatley's text "Turning to One Another". Each artist created a poster design that was sold in editions of 100, released every month through 2012. We’ve since opened up the campaign for contributions from anyone!
Your Poster Should:
- Combine type and image to illustrate one of the twelve quotes by Margaret Wheatley
- Be a vertically oriented, 16" by 20" RGB image at a resolution of 300dpi (4800 by 6000 pixels) that is a JPG or PNG
- Be a full bleed image (no margins or borders)
- Keep a safe area of at least 1" on all sides (don’t place text too close to the edge)
Your Poster Shouldn’t:
- Include urls or logos (small artist signatures are fine)
- Use copyrighted images or images that don't belong to you. All images you use should be your own, or available under a creative commons or other similar license.
- There is no power greater than community discovering what it cares about.
- Ask what's possible, not what's wrong. Keep asking.
- Notice what you care about. Assume that many others share your dreams.
- Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters.
- Talk to people you know. Talk to people you don't know. Talk to people you never talk to.
- Expect to be surprised.
- Treasure curiosity more than certainty.
- Invite everyone who cares to work on what's possible.
- Know that creative solutions come from new connections.
- Remember, you don't fear people whose story you know.
- Real listening always brings people closer together.
- Trust that meaningful conversations can change the world.