There are men and women, movements, and moments which transcend any one team or sport or era. That's why we've partnered with Bleacher Report, the leading digital destination for team-specific sports content and real-time event coverage, to invite artists from around the world to create work that captures a figure, event or evolution that hold power and meaning far beyond any scoreboard.
Some moments are simple and iconic, while others are a complex series of events, but they all had effects that reverberated beyond the game and shaped society in some way. The goal is to both represent the actual events that took place while using illustrative elements (color, style, composition, etc) to amplify the transcendent nature of the moment.
Proceeds from this campaign support Boys & Girls Clubs, promoting and enhancing the development of boys and girls by instilling a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging and influence.
Your Poster Should:
- Illustrate one of the moments listed below
- Use bold colors and illustrative style to amplify the transcendent nature of the moment
- Use relevant, typographic quotes to contextualize a moment if you choose (not required).
- Be a vertically oriented, 12" by 16" RGB image at a resolution of 300dpi (3600 by 4800 pixels) that is a JPG or PNG
- Be full bleed (no margins or borders)
- Keep a safe area of at least 1" on all sides (do not place text too close to the edge)
Your Poster Shouldn’t:
- Include urls or logos (small artist signatures are fine)
- Use copyrighted images or images that don't belong to you. All images you use should be your own, or available under a creative commons or other similar license.
- Be based solely off someone else's photograph. If you do use a photograph as your launching off point, it must be available under a creative commons license. It is ok to depict these famous moments and people on your own, inspired by the events.
List of Moments:
- The Battle of the Sexes II, Houston, Sept. 20, 1973
- I Can’t Breathe, 2014
- Munich Massacre, Munich, 1972
- Pat Tillman, Army Ranger
- Muhammad Ali and the Draft
- Title IX and the women’s sports revolution
- Boston Marathon, April 15, 2013
- Miracle on Ice, Lake Placid, Feb. 22, 1980
- Out of the Shadows: Jason Collins, NBA; Brittney Griner, WNBA; Michael Sam, NFL
- Nelson Mandela, Rugby World Cup, 1995
- O.J. and the White Bronco, Los Angeles, June 17, 1994
- Jim Valvano, Madison Square Garden, March 4, 1993
- Dale Earnhardt, The Man in Black or “The Intimidator”
- Black Power Salute, Mexico City, Oct. 16, 1968
- Jackie Robinson, Brooklyn, April 15, 1947
- Gehrig’s Farewell, Yankee Stadium, July 4, 1939
- Althea Gibson and Arthur Ashe, tennis pioneers
- Jesse Owens, Berlin, August 1936
- Magic Johnson, Los Angeles, November 7, 1991
- Texas Western, NCAA basketball, 1966