"We The People Of The United States, In Order To Form A More Perfect Union"
- The Constitution Of The United States.
On June 26th, 2015, The Supreme Court ruled in Obergefell v. Hodges in that marriage is a right, for everyone, everywhere. Since our Constitution was written over 200 years ago, Americans have been working to forge our nation into a more perfect union, and with this ruling we've done it again. Congratulations to everyone who's worked so hard and so long to make equality a reality. We're inviting artists and designers to follow suit and create a series of designs celebrating our more perfect union.
Proceeds from this campaign support Courage Campaign, an online community powered by more than one million members, instrumental in the fight for marriage equality.
Your Design Should:
- Typographically illustrate the phrase "A More Perfect Union"
- Be a vertically oriented, 12" by 16" RGB image at 300dpi (3600 by 4800 pixels) that is a JPG or PNG
- Use up to 3 colors
- Be free-standing (ie. design should have a simple background and shouldn’t touch the edge of the frame)
- Optional: Include an apparel file with a transparent background (PNG or TIFF)
Your Design Shouldn’t:
- Include urls or logos (small artist signatures are fine)
- Use copyrighted images or images that don't belong to you. All images you use should be your own, or available under a creative commons or other similar license.
- Be mean spirited or attack those who disagree with you.