Launched in 2008 and revived in 2012, Design For Obama is a grassroots collection of posters from artists around the country to help elect Barack Obama as President, and was Creative Action network's first campaign. With the help of activist and filmmaker Spike Lee and Taschen books, we published the 2008 collection as a beautiful coffee table book with an essay from design author and historian Steven Heller.
As we approach the end of Barack Obama's presidency we're inviting our community of artists and designers to thank Obama by revising and re-posting their original campaign posters. If you created a campaign poster in 2008 or 2012, please add it to the collection! You're also welcome to create a new “Thanks, Obama" design thanking Obama for his service.
Your Design Should:
- Be a campaign poster in support of Barack Obama
- Optional: Include #thanksobama
- Be a vertically oriented, 12" by 16" RGB image at a resolution of 300dpi (3600 by 4800 pixels) that is a JPG or PNG
- Keep a safe area of at least 1" on all sides (don’t place text too close to the edge)
- Optional: Include an apparel file that is layered or includes a transparent background (AI, PSD, PNG, TIFF) (Be sure to outline any fonts used)
Your Design Should Not:
- Include urls or logos (small artist signatures are fine)
- Use copyrighted images or images that don't belong to you. All images you use should be your own, or available under a creative commons or other similar license.