Jon Stewart recently remarked about how odd it was that throughout the election, no one ever asked Donald Trump specifically what makes America great. With the election behind us and an uncertain future ahead it is important that we not lose sight of the things that truly make America great, and artists are in a uniquely qualified to answer that question in ways that can touch our hearts and stir us to action.
America’s greatness isn’t up to any single person to define - it’s up to all of us. That’s why we're inviting 100 diverse creatives, from high school students to professional designers, to design a poster about something that they believe makes America truly great. We'll feature one poster each day during President Trump's first 100 days in office, starting with Inauguration Day on January 20, and build a grassroots collection of reasons why America is great already.
Your Design Should:
- Depict one topic that makes America great
- Prominently include your chosen text/word
- Less prominently include the text "Makes America Great"
- Be a vertically oriented, 12" by 16" RGB image at a resolution of 300dpi (3600 by 4800 pixels) that is a JPG or PNG
- Keep a safe area of at least 1" on all sides (don’t place text too close to the edge)
- Optional: Include an apparel file that is layered or includes a transparent background (AI, PSD, PNG, TIFF) (Be sure to outline any fonts used)
Your Design Should Not:
- Include urls or logos (small artist signatures are fine)
- Use copyrighted images or images that don't belong to you. All images you use should be your own, or available under a creative commons or other similar license.