Change.org is the world’s petition platform with over 180 million people using the site to sign and start petitions about issues that are important to them. People have used Change.org to pass landmark disability rights legislation, fight the Dakota Access Pipeline, increase for girls’ education, and so much more. We’re excited to help visualize those actions by partnering with Creative Action Network to invite artists to create designs that promote themes of activism, equality, and justice.
Contribute a poster design for a social issue or grassroots movement that is important to you. Feel free to take inspiration from some of Change.org’s biggest victories. Proceeds from this campaign will help Change.org’s staff give free grassroots organizing support to petition starters all over the world. Selected submissions will be shared to Change.org’s millions of followers on Facebook and Twitter.
Your Design Should:
- Depict and support an important (big) issue like Healthcare, Immigration, Save Net Neutrality, or Climate Change (including pipelines like Dakota Access and Keystone XL).
- Include the typography that prominently displays the name of the issue and less prominently includes “Change.org” (You can use the Change.org logo though this isn’t necessary).
- Be a vertically oriented, 12" by 16" RGB image at a resolution of 300dpi (3600 by 4800 pixels) that is a JPG or PNG
- Keep a safe area of at least 1" on all sides (don’t place text too close to the edge)
- Optional: Include an apparel file that is layered or includes a transparent background (AI, PSD, PNG, TIFF) (Be sure to outline any fonts used)
Your Design Should Not:
- Include urls or logos (small artist signatures are fine)
- Use copyrighted images or images that don't belong to you. All images you use should be your own, or available under a creative commons or other similar license.
- Mention or include the names or logos of other organizations.
- Some of Change.org’s colors include: Red: #ED2D23 | Platinum #F6F4F6 | Light gray #DBD9DB | Medium gray #ADACAD
- Change.org Logos: Full: Red PNG | White PNG - Icon: Red PNG | White PNG