With summer coming to a close, it’s time to give back to the ocean and the beaches that give us so much! Launching on International Coastal Cleanup Day (9/21/19), we’re inviting artists from around the world to create a new collection of beach towels that raise funds, awareness, and love for our oceans.
We’re thrilled to partner with the Surfrider Foundation and to support their work with proceeds from every purchase. Surfrider is a community of everyday people who passionately protect the ocean’s waves and beaches, striving to keep waters a safe and healthy environment for the plants and animals who live there, as well as for us humans who enjoy our oceans so much.
The ocean is a powerful muse, full of colors, shapes, movement and life. Like mountains and forests, our seas have inspired artists since the beginning of time. For this campaign, we’re seeking beach towel designs that evoke the spirit of the ocean and beach, and advocate for helping save both. Most importantly, we’re seeking designs that are positive in nature.
Below are a few themes to choose from for your design:
- Protecting ocean life (animals and plants)
- Beach cleanups / humans helping the ocean
- The ocean as muse: celebrating the natural beauty of the ocean and its characteristics (waves, beaches, deep blue sea, icebergs, islands, coral reefs) -- your best ocean art
- Ocean activities, like surfing, swimming and enjoying the beach by yourself, with your pet or friends/family
Your Beach Towel Design Should:
- Advocate for Oceans by choosing one of (or combining) the themes listed above.
- Be a 32” x 62” RGB image (horizontal and vertical are both fine) at a resolution of 150dpi (4800 by 9300 pixels) that is a JPG or PNG
- Keep a safe area of at least 2" (300 pixels) on all sides (do not place text too close to the edge)
- Optional: Include a layered or transparent file (AI, PSD, PNG, TIFF) for a poster or a tee
Your Design Should Not:
- Include urls or logos (small artist signatures are fine)
- Use copyrighted images like brand logos, editorial photography of celebrities or politicians, or someone else’s artwork. All images you use should be your own, or available under a creative commons or other similar license.
Love your beach towel design but want to take your ocean activism even further! Awesome! Please consider submitting designs for a tee or poster as well. In addition to the Towel requirements, your Apparel Design Should (optional):
- Be free-floating (not compositionally reliant on the frame of the image)
- Be a vertically oriented, 15" by 19" RGB image at a resolution of 300dpi (4500 by 5700 pixels)
- Be a transparent or layered file with a solid background color (TIFF, PNG, PSD, or AI)
In addition to the Towel requirements, your Poster Design Should (optional):
- Be a vertically oriented, 12" by 16" RGB image at a resolution of 300dpi (3600 by 4800 pixels) that is a JPG or PNG
- Keep a safe area of at least 1" on all sides (do not place text too close to the edge)
- Optional: Include a layered or transparent file (AI, PSD, PNG, TIFF)